Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yummy Chicken (or beef) Marinade

This is a great and healthy marinade that I found.  You don't have to marinade the chicken for a long time and still end up with a great flavor.  Last time I did it the chicken only marinaded for about an hour and it still tasted great.  I use chicken breasts and cut them into smallish tenderloin size pieces.  You can then grill the chicken or cook in skillet in a small amount of olive oil.  Also, you can boil the leftover marinade and then use it to baste the meat while cooking.

1/4 cup vegetable oil (I think I used olive oil)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used balsamic)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
(I think I might have added some garlic as well although that's not in the original recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment