Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crock pot tortilla soup

Here's another quick, easy and healthy one girls...


Combine the following in crock pot and cook on low 10-12 hours or on high for 6 hours:

2 chicken breasts, boned and cubed (raw)
1 can corn
1 onion, diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or diced fresh garlic)
4 cups chicken broth
 8 oz tomato paste
can rotel tomatoes (when I can't find that I either used diced fresh tomatoes with some shakes of green tabasco or a can of regular tomatoes and a can of green chilies- if I can find that)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper
1 bay leaf
(it's not called for in the original recipe but I usually add either a can of black beans if I have it or a can of refried beans)

Serve with shredded cheese, labneh and crumbled tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment