Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vegetable Quiche cups to go

Sorry- I keep forgetting to take pretty pictures of things  (good job, Kendra! ).  I always double this recipe because they freeze well.  This is my south beach breakfast.  Makes me feel healthy just looking at them!

1 pckg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach (I buy the bag that I think is close to 500 grams so the amount of spinach I used is actually not quite doubled when I double the recipe)

3/4 cup liquid egg substitute (never seen this here so I just crack and beat the eggs until it's the right amount)
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I use swiss or mozzarella usually)
diced veggies of choice (I do any combination of onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic and/or mushrooms)
3 drops hot pepper sauce

Drain excess liquid from spinach.  Line muffin pan with foil baking cups.  Combine all ingredients.  Mix well and combine among muffin cups.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until set.  Recipe makes 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment