Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strawberry Sour Cream Pie

This pie is one of our summer favorites.  The recipe actually says that it can also be done with peaches or blackberries which I've never actually done but I'm sure would be amazing.  It kind of ends up being a pie/cobbler combo- best of 2 worlds!

And on this post, not only am I a horrible food photographer, but I actually forgot to take a picture of the finished product so you'll have to use your imagination...

First you pile your strawberries in the crust..

Then put on the topping...

And voila....
A delicious strawberry cream pie
(here's the part where you have to use your imagination or just try it, believe me, you'll be glad you did...)

Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
1 unbaked pie shell (9 inch)
(you can find my favorite pie crust recipe here)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBSP sugar
1 quart fresh strawberries 
1 cup sifted flour
1 cup sour cream (middle east friends- I substitute labneh and it works great)

Rinse, drain and half strawberries and place in pie shell.  Sift sugar, flour and salt together and add gradually to sour cream.  Pour mixture over strawberries.  Sprinkle remaining 2 TBSP sugar evenly over top.  Bake until firm and lightly browned.  (450 for 15 minutes and 350 for 50-60 minutes).  I used a shield around the crust to keep it from getting too brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment