Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strawberry Dream Cake

And here is yet another amazing strawberry dessert recipe (I am obviously blogging therapeutically about food since I'm dieting and can't eat any of it!).  I had to go back a few years to find a picture of this cake.  I made it for Maddie's birthday several years ago shaped like a big white bow...

This year I made it for our traditional Easter bunny cake and of course forgot to take a picture.  But let me tell you this cake is AMAZING.  I've had lots of experience with strawberry cake and this is the all time best I think...I got the original recipe from all recipes.com but changed it up a bit.

Strawberry Dream Cake
1 white cake mix (i used yellow)
1 1/2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, pureed (I used fresh and mooshed them)
12 oz cream cheese
8 (1 oz) squares white chocolate
1 pckg strawberry jello
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (8oz) container cool whip (I used the equivalent of whipped cream)
sliced fresh strawberries

Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour 2 9inch round pans.  Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if mix calls for 2 eggs, add 3), and 8 oz cream cheese at room temp and package of strawberry jello.  Beat well and pour into prepared pans.  Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.  A toothpick inserted in center will not come out clean when this cake is done since it is so moist.  Let cake cool fully before frosting.

Frosting:  Heat the heavy cream until just beginning to boil.  Pour it over the white chocolate (chopped) and the remaining 4 ounces cream cheese.  Mix well and let cool.  Once cool fold into the whipped topping (I used whipped cream).  Use to frost cooled cake.  If the frosting needs to be thicker, you can beat in powdered sugar but I did not have to do that this time.  Garnish with fresh strawberries.

I promise the combo of white chocolate, cream cheese and strawberries in this cake is to die for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment