Friday, October 5, 2012

Homemade Baking Mix (Bisquick substitute)

I've loved discovering this recipe!  It's opened up a whole new world of baking- sausage balls, red lobster cheese biscuits.  I mean, we can occasionally find Bisquick but it's SOOO expensive I don't let myself buy it



Baking Mix
10 c. flour (can do half white/half wheat)
6 TBSP baking powder
1 1/2 TBSP salt
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups vegetable shortening
2 cups powdered milk

Sift together first 5 ingredients three times.  With pastry cutter, cut in shortening to consistency of cornmeal.   Store in covered container at room temperature.  Use as substitute for Bisquick in recipes

1 comment:

  1. I learned to make this in Singapore and used it all the time. Enjoying all your posts on food and family. You're the blog Queen!! :)

    ReplyDelete