Monday, September 24, 2012

Balsamic Marinated Roasted Veggies

I adapted this from a recipe in a Southern Living for marinated, grilled veggies.  Sadly, we don't have a grill (yet), so I tweaked the recipe a little, roasted the veggies and they turned out quite good.  And aren't they pretty?  




Balsamic Marinated Roasted Veggies
lots of chopped fresh veggies- I use whatever's in season here and I try to make it colorful
(carrots, various color peppers, zucchini, onion, eggplant, cauliflower etc)
4 TBSP olive oil
3 TBSP honey
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
fresh herbs to taste (today I had rosemary in my window planter so I used that- I've also used thyme or basil)
sea salt
Chop veggies.  Combine other ingredients including herbs.  Put veggies in a large ziploc and pour marinate over.  Seal and shake well to combine.  Marinate in frig for at least 4-6 hours.  Roast at 400 degrees until tender. (about 15-20 minutes)  Sprinkle with sea salt and parmesan if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment