Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Cookies

We had a chocolate-lover staying with us and I've been on a little cookie kick lately so I decided to try these. They did not disappoint...

6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, fine chopped
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 stick slightly salted butter, softened
1 c. packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
3 oz white chocolate coarse chopped*

Preheat oven to 300. Grease 2 baking sheets or line with non-stick baking parchment. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.

Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the cooled chocolate and fold in the flour until combined.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough spaced 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. When the cookies are cool, dip a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle over the cookies. Leave on wire racks to set the topping, then store the cookies in an airtight container.

*I didn't do the last step (with the white chocolate) because I didn't have any. But I did have some vanilla icing in the fridge so I put a dab of that on a few of them and it was yummy. Alex said they reminded him of fudge pop tarts with vanilla creme filling.

Makes about 25 cookies

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I just realized that I don't follow our blog- duh! and I got on here to get the recipe for "upside down" cuz I'm having family over tomorrow and saw that you've been on a role! Can't wait to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete