Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

While we were in the states my step-mom made some chicken spaghetti that was delicious. I still haven't gotten the recipe from her so I'll post the one that I use. I'm not sure I could fully do her recipe anyways b/c of the limitations on some ingredients here...

3-4 T butter
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped onion
1 t. minced garlic
1 can cream of mushroom soup **(I use the Maggai dry soup packets and mix them with milk and labneh to make a sour cream consistency...)
1 can cream of chicken soup**
5 chicken breasts, skin removed (I usually just boil a whole chicken b/c it's so much cheaper)
8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
1 pkg spaghetti (I use about 3/4 of the pkg, that way the spaghetti stays wetter)
salt, pepper and garlic to taste
1 c. tomatoes

Sautee onion pepper and garlic in butter. Set aside. Boil chicken. Remove from water and set aside to cool and de-bone. Cook spaghetti in chicken broth and drain. In large casserole dish (i use a big bowl for this part, then transfer to casserole) mix all ingredients using only 1/2 the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 until heated through and cheese is melted on top (about 20-25 mins). Serves 6.

1 comment:

  1. where have you been all my ex-pat life?!?!? i'm so glad you commented on my blog today, kelli, because now i know about this delightful creation. i just scanned through a lot of the posts and got excited seeing so many things that i have most of the ingredients for - unfortunately there are quite a few yummy ones i can't do, but i'm thrilled about the ones i can. :)

    ReplyDelete