Friday, February 25, 2011

Tornado Chicken and Mess-up rolls

I found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman's blog and it was amazing!  Click here for the full recipe.  I renamed it tornado chicken because in the middle of making it, all the tornado sirens went off and we spent about an hour in the bathtub covered with pillows.  Honestly, I was a little skeptical about serving it to the girls who aren't huge fans of mushrooms or olives but my pregnancy taste buds won out and I went ahead with it. However, thanks to the tornado, our power went out so we had to eat it in the dark so even they enjoyed it since they couldn't really see the mushrooms and olives...

I love finding quick and easy dinner roll recipes and I found one in a Southern Living that I hadn't tried.  However, in the craziness of trying to fix dinner before the tornado sirens went off, I completely messed up the recipe.  The original recipe is:

Cream Cheese Rolls
 1/2 cup butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup self rising flour
Cream butter and cream cheese, gradually add flour.  Put in mini muffin tins and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.

Well, in my hurry, I creamed the butter and cream cheese and then added 2 cups of flour.  oops.   I didn't have anymore cream cheese so I coudn't just double the recipe.  So I looked in my frig and spotted sour cream and remembered that it is often in these quick dinner bread recipes.  I added about a cup of sour cream (until it got back to the right looking consistency), filled 12 regular muffin tins and baked like the original recipe called for- turned out very yummy!  Would probably also be good with shredded cheese or spices like basil added.

I didn't take any pics of these recipes, again, thanks to the craziness of the tornados but if you follow Pioneer Woman's recipe, she photographed it beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment