Saturday, August 21, 2010

Honey Mustard Curry Chicken

I love this recipe because it's very versatile and very easy, and my family loves it.   It's kind of a recipe I've arrived at after combining various versions of honey mustard chicken.   It can be made ahead in the crock pot or just bake in the oven for around an hour.  If I do it in the crock pot, I sometimes double the sauce- can never have too much sauce.  Sometimes when I buy boneless/skinless chicken breasts, I'll go ahead and cut them into pieces or strips and put them in a freezer bag in this sauce.  I take them out in the morning or the night before cooking and they marinate as they thaw. 


Honey Mustard Chicken Curry

chicken (one recipe said 3 lbs- I usually just use what I have; can use chicken pieces or breasts.  If I use breasts I cut them into strips or pieces because they get more tender)
 4 TBSP butter
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup dijon mustard (can use plain mustard, but we prefer the dijon)
1 tsp salt (I think I omit this- not needed)
1 tsp curry

Melt butter and combine with other ingredients.  Coat chicken.  Cook in  350 degree oven (covered first 45 minutes) for one hour or in crock pot all day.  Serve over rice. 

1 comment:

  1. What kind of curry do you use? Looking forward to trying this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete