Thursday, July 22, 2010

Veggie Kabobs

These have become one of our favorite summer meals.  I especially love them because Jason is the master behind them and they require very little work on my part.  :)  Jason takes whatever veggies we want- usually some combination of red and green pepper, tomatoes, eggplant, zuchini, mushrooms- and puts them on skewers along with chunks of Halloum cheese- a Lebanese cheese that is beyond yummy on the grill.  It has a very spongy consistency (maybe like tofu just because I can't think of anything better to compare it to) and it's absolutely yummy with the veggies.  We've also started doing sausage kabobs because we can now get the butterball (or healthy choice) polish style sausage in one of our grocery stores that imports a lot (yah!).  (I'm still waiting for Jimmy Dean sausage to appear but I"m not counting on it).  Anyway I make a marinade of balsamic vinegar and olive oil along with garlic and some fresh herbs, Jason works his magic, and there you have it...



1 comment: