Monday, March 28, 2011

Ravioli Soup

This one if from my mom, and I've tweaked it some and it's SUPER fast and EASY!  It's also really good for you and that combination can't be beat.  I'm going to put Mom's version (b/c I have exact measurements for that version) then I'll tell you everything I've added/changed to make it Lebanon-friendly.

INGREDIENTS:
1 can chicken broth
1 can veggie broth
1/2 can Italian diced tomatoes
_______________
1/2 pkg frozen Ravioli
1/2 pkg frozen spinach
_______________
optional:  if you have some leftover grilled chicken--throw that in.

Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, Italian seasoning, etc.  Bring to a boil then add 1/2 pkg frozen cheese ravioli.  Simmer according to directions on Ravioli pkg.

Add thawed spinach.  Simmer till it's all warm--voile!

Kellie's version:
I don't mess around with half of anything--I like leftovers so I make a big pot!

2 cans diced tom's
As much maggi as I felt would taste good :)
3/4 of a pkg of dried ravioli (tortelini works great too)
some leftover shredded chicken from the freezer (1 1/2 cups maybe)
1 can of mushrooms
spinach (i used the kind that is frozen in portions, and used about 5 portions)

I just threw it all in the pot until the water boiled (except spinach and ravioli) then added ravioli.  About 2 minutes before it was done I added the spinch and let it all get nice and hot.  We love how hearty and filling this soup is (even Maya liked it--except the chicken bites which she would spit back out).  ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! Maybe you're feeling a little better if you're posting about food?? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete